I enjoyed doing this recipe. The original recipe is from a Youtube.com channel called FitMenCook.
Here's the original Recipe:
I added some additional ingredients to the original recipe for flavor that doesn't really affect the calories. I try to make my recipes at one serving so that it is easy for me to make the serving amount I want. If I want to eat this three time a week
Zucchini Turkey LasagnaServings: 1 Calories: Approx. 387
- 2 tbsp diced onion
- 2 tbsp diced bell pepper
- 1/2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp diced pickled jalapeno
- 2-3 oz ground turkey
- Seasoning (herbs and spices of choice)
- 2 oz low-sodium marinara
- 1/3 to 1/2 zucchini sliced
- 1 oz low fat cottage cheese
- .5 oz egg white
- 1 tbsp low-fat mozzarella
- Pre-heat oven 400 degrees
- Saute the onion, bell peppers, garlic, and jalapeno.
- Add ground turkey, seasoning, and marinara.
- In an individual backing-proof container, line the bottom with zucchini, then add turkey mixture, and then cottage cheese mixture. Repeat. Then top with mozzarella.
- Place in the oven at 350 degrees.
- Back for 10 to 15 minutes or until the top has brown.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Note: It really hold heat, I really suggest letting it rest.