What's my new favorite thing to do? Using my grill pan! Lol. It's no joke, I'm serious. If you are like me in a place where you can't have an outside grill...you can try using the grill pan. Yes I know, you won't get the same "charcoal", "fire" taste. But this is a great way to sear your meat to get a very juicy and tender product. When you seal the outside of any protein that finish it by baking it, the juice stays within the meat and doesn't leak out, resulting in a more flavorful product with a very beautiful outside crust that is packed with deliciousness. Try it out you won't regret it :). In this recipe I use Siracha which is a Thai pepper sauce and is one of my line of favorite pepper sauces to use. Interchangeably, in the past when I am in the mood for Siracha and can't find it, I've used Sambal Oelek (Oelek is the garlic addition in the sambal) which is from Indonesia. They pretty much have the same consistency and heat. In this recipe you will see that is is very...easy! And great to use cold or hot for salads and wraps. Or just to serve with your favorite rice. If you are are like me you can serve it with friend plantains as well. And remember this is a spicy dish, thinly slicing the cooked meat to serve helps in not having a mouth full of pepper! Also allowing the meat to rest for at least 5 mins when taken out of the oven will allow the juices in the meat to set up so that you won't have a juicy mess when cutting to serve.
Lime & Siracha Grilled Chicken
4 ea chicken breast (skin-off and boneless)
3 tbsp Siracha
2 ea limes
1 tbsp minced garlic
Salt and Pepper to taste
- Pre-heat the oven at 350 degrees.
- Pre-heat the grill pan on medium high.
- Combine the siracha, lime juice, garlic and season to your taste with salt and pepper.
- When the pan is very hot, sear both side of the chicken breasts to create grill marks.
- Place the seared meat into the oven to finish baking.
- When the chicken is firm to the touch, remove from oven and allow to rest.
- Let rest for 5 mins and slice and serve as preferred.