I heard about banana pancakes that are made without flour. So I wanted give it try. And I decided to add some sweet potatoes to the batch. Warning: You should always know that when ingredients are taken out or substituted, do not expect it to taste like the original! This recipe is an acquired taste and honestly, it just taste like what it is. I would recommend using ripe sweet bananas and not to over cook the sweet potatoes you don't want it to absorb to much water when boiling them. Plus I noticed these take a little bit long to cook than regular flour pancakes. But I prefer these pancakes any day and will continue to experiment with them. Thanks to Our Best Bites for the recipe influence (click on their link for their 2-ingredient Pancakes Post).
Sweet Potato & Banana Pancakes with RaspberriesINGREDIENTS:
1 sweet ripe banana, chunks
1 cup boiled sweet potato, chunks
2 whole fresh eggs
1/2 tsp Underground Spice Market's For Your Sweets Spice Blend
1/8 tsp baking powder
- In a small mixing bowl, mash the banana and sweet pototoes.
- Add the eggs, spice blend and baking powder and mix.
- Heat up a saute pan on medium heat.
- Add oil/butter of shoice.
- Laddle about (3oz) 1/3 cup into saute pan.
- The pancake will crisp up and dry up on top, flip and allot to brown for a couple more minutes. I would say it takes about an average of 4 minutes for each pancake. Keep an eye on the heat and cook the pancake through slowly.