One I was on Youtube checking out my subscriptions, and came upon a video on the Youtube Channel LA Chronicles where Olina (plus you can check out her instagram OfficiallyOlina shared her Tilapia coconut curry recipe. I fell in love and decided to do my own version with the ingredients I have at home, plus you might notice one major change, which I usually put into my curries...chopped fresh tomatoes...I didn't have any...so I had to leave that out.
Tilapia Coconut Curry
1 medium sweet potato, large dice
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1/2 medium onion, dice
5 each mini sweet peppers, sliced
1 tbsp minced garlic
10 sprigs fresh mint leaves
2 tbsp Underground Spice Market's White Thai Curry Spice Blend
1 tbsp red curry paste
1 (14oz) can coconut milk
4 each tilapia fillets (each fillet cut into 5 chunks each)
2 cups San Fransisco Blend by LaFe (or a 2 cup mixture of your favorite vegetables, this blend has precooked haricot vert, broccoli florets, chopped red bell pepper and sliced mushrooms)
- Boil the sweet potato until tender but firm
- In a large pot, heat up the oil and add the onions, sweet peppers, minced garlic and mint leaves (sweat for 2 minutes).
- Add my white Thai curry spice blend, curry paste and stir for 1 minute.
- Add the coconut milk and bring to a boil, then bring down to a simmer.
- Add the Tilapia fillets chunks.
- When you see the fish chunks are almost done, add the pre-cooked vegetables and just allow the vegetable to heat up.
- check the seasonings, and serve over white rice, brown rice, noodles...your choice!