This is super delicious, I just had to share the recipe. I haven't post recipes for a while either!
Chicken Enchilada Lasagna
Preheat oven 350 degrees
Serves 4 to 6 people
- 2 ea chicken breast, seared, sliced
- 1/2 medium bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 medium tamato, diced
- 1 can of corn kernels (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup sourcream
- 1 can of enchilada sauce (about 12 to 14 oz or 1 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 sprig cilantro, rough chop
- 1 cup of shredded cheese (taco blend)
- 1 bag of small fajita flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup of shredded cheese (taco blend)
- In a large bowl: add the sliced cooked chicken breast (I usually season it with chili powder or Cajun spice).
- In the saute pan you seared the chicken in, saute the bell pepper, onion, and garlic until half way cooked.
- Throw in the saute pan the diced tomatoes and saute for a few more minutes.
- Add the bell pepper mixture into the bowl with the chicken.
- In that same large bowl add the corn, sour cream, enchilada sauce, cilantro and cheese and Mix well.
- Take a huge cooking spoon full of the mixure and smear on the bottom of a 9x9 deepdish pan.
- Assemble: Hold the tortilla in your had, scoop a good amount of the enchilada mix and close the tortilla in your hand and flip over in the pan so that the seem side is facing down.
- Line up all the rolls into the pan, squeeze them in there (about 10 rolls).
- Take the rest of the enchilada mixture and smear ontop of the rolls.
- Then top off with the 1/2 cup of cheese.
- Place in a preheated oven and back until the liquid bubbles and the cheese has darken and the inside is hot.
- Let it rest for a few minutes before serving.