Was originally going to do a regular burrito, than I decided I would do a quesadilla. Then when I saw the amount of calories per tortilla wrap (about 150) and 300 if I had two. I was a little disappointed. Because I wanted more ingredients. So, the burrito bowl worked! Came up to about 400 calories for the whole meal.
Chicken Burrito Bowl
- 1 ea chicken breast tender (about 3 oz)
- 1/2 tbsp chopped chipotle pepper in adobo
- 2 tbsp pico de gallo
- 1/2 plum tomato chopped
- 1/2 tbsp chopped red onion
- 1/2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1 wedge of lime juice
- 1/2 cup cooked brown rice
- 1/4 avocado sliced
- 2 tbsp pinto beans
- 1 oz cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded iceburg lettuce
- 1/2 mini pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 lime wedge
- Salt your dish (optional)
- Poach the chicken breast in water until tender.
- Remove from the water and shred with two forks.
- On a cutting board chop up the chipotle to make 1/2 tbsp worth.
- In a mixing bowl: mix together the chicken and chipotle.
- In the wide bowl you are going to eat in. Place the shredded chicken mixture as pictured.
- Make your pico de gallo in a mixing bowl by combining the tomato, red onion, cilantro and lime juice. Add the pico de gallo to your eating bowl.
- Warm up your brown rice and place in your eating bowl.
- Add to your eating bowl the avocado, pinto beans (warmed up), cheddar cheese, lettuce, mini peppers and lime wedge.
- I also like it spicy, you can either add jalepenos or drizzle some Tapatio Sauce.
- When you are getting ready to eat, mix up the contents in the bowl very well.
- You're done! Enjoy!