Quick "Asian" flavored sauce. You can use it as a for dipping. But I can also bring it to a simmer, turn off the heat and allow it to infuse a bit...then chill. But today I'm going to use it as a glaze for my #salmon and to coat my stem #vegetables. To do that... A little cornstarch is always helpful. Man... I need to seriously update my blog! Will be working on this during the spring break! OH AND I SUCK WITH MEASUREMENTS BUT CHECK MY BLOG AND I WILL POST THE RECIPE SOON! I PROMISE! #asianfood #soysauce #ginger #chilis #siracha
Sorry for my voice in the video it's been raspy for a bit now. Well here is the recipe ...basically the measurements that I used.
Sweet and Spicy Sauce
- 1/2 cup Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Siracha Sauce
- 2 tbsp Pickled Ginger or 1 tbsp fresh Ginger (not the sushi kind! don't forget)
- 1 tbsp Minced Garlic
- 2 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 2 tsp Five Spice Seasoning
- 1 Lime Juiced
- Mix all ingredients in a small bowl.
I thought this was awesome, I like pickled items. But would you considered this pickling? I don't know. But check out later to see what happens.
UPDATE: Well, I tried this concoction that I made the next day...and it was nasty. lol... I did the "Gordon Ramsay", I spit it straight out into the nearest trash bin. lol
This Sauce yields about 1 cup, so you can save the rest for another use if you wish.
Sweet and Spicy Glazed Salmon
- Sweet and Spicy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch
- 1/4 cup Water
- 2 4 oz Salmon Filets with Skin-on ( or amount of your choice)
- 2 tbsp oil for searing
- 2 pinches of sesame seeds (or amount enough for salmon filets)
- In a small pot, bring the sweet and spicy sauce to a boil.
- Stir the cornstarch and water in a separate bowl.
- Stir the cornstarch mixture into the boiling sauce.
- Stir until thicken and immediately remove from heat.
- In a medium saute pan on medium-high heat:
- Add oil of choice.
- When heated with the beginning sign of the smoke point.
- Sear the salmon flesh side down for 2 to 3 mins.
- Carefully flip over.
- Glaze the top of the salmon with a few tbsp of glaze sauce.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Allow salmon to continue to sear on the skin side down until cooked to temperature of choice (medium, about 2 to 3 mins).